Before you get started with your line extension or relocation, make sure you have all of the information you need to keep you project on track. The information contained below is also available in the Line Extension and Relocation Checklist.
Steps for Block Island Power Company to build new overhead or underground line extensions:
- Call BIPCO at 1-401-4666-5851 or visit the office to discuss your project.
- If you want a telephone landline, please contact Verizon. BIPCO is responsible for setting all poles on Block Island, however all poles with phone lines will be jointly owned by BIPCO and Verizon.
- BIPCO will meet with you or your representative at your building site to determine the construction required to serve you. Please bring your completed easement information worksheet or a copy of your deed to the appointment.
- BIPCO provides cost estimates, specification sheets, agreement, and easements.
- Review the project estimate sheet, estimating the cost for establishment of service, reallocation charge, and underground service cable charges.
- Return the following forms to BIPCO.
A) Easements (signed by you and/or abutting property owner and notarized by a notary public), if applicable
B) New Electric Service Agreement Note that the prices quoted in the agreements are subject to change if within three months of receipt. If you have any questions regarding the paperwork, please contact your designated distribution designer.